Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:36:35 +0100
From: WhisperingStorm <whispering.storm@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Incremental mode log format

Hello,
I'm having trouble understanding entries in john.log for the
incremental mode. Take this template:

<time> - Switching to length X
<time> - Expanding tables for length X to character count Y
<time> - Trying length X, fixed @Z, character count Y

I think I understand X and Y - the cracker is trying passwords X
characters long and it's using a charset of Y characters.

However, I don't get what "fixed @Z" means. Could somebody please
explain me what it is? I'd be very grateful.

Thank you in advance,
Chris