Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:23:42 +0800 (CST)
From: yl_changjiu <yl_changjiu@....com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Q about "MaxLen" of incremental mode

Dear Sir: i added a section like this in john.ini [Incremental:Alnum_own01]
File = $JOHN/alnum.chr
MinLen = 5
MaxLen = 12
CharCount = 36 when i try to run john under Alnum_own01, I got this message"Warning: MaxLen = 12 is too large for the current hash type, reduced to 8"my hashes are like "I/2n0CZPaSkTI","LHMfqiZfvP.eo" and so on. i just think MaxLen=8 is not enough for my hashes.Could you please tell me the solution? Thanks!