Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:08:04 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: multi-core CPUs

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 08:41:59PM +0300, Giannis Mantzouranis wrote:
> ps: by the way when is john going to "exploit" the double core or the quad
> core cpus?

This is being asked once in a while, but I still don't have specific
plans.  It all depends on whether and when I choose to allocate the
time.  I can say that it's not first on my list of major changes to JtR,
though.  For an older answer to the same question, see:

	http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2006/07/02/2

Meanwhile, you may be starting multiple instances of John manually:

	http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2006/05/02/9
	http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2005/08/24/4

Giannis - please avoid over-quoting.  I am unsure of whether I should
have approved your message - you've even quoted the unsubscribe notice.
I am actually rejecting some postings for low signal-to-noise ratio,
and over-quoting contributes to the noise.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15