Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:16:35 +0100
From: rembrandt <rembrandt@...ith.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Support other language

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:19:38 -0800
"Alain Espinosa" <alainesp@...il.com> wrote:

> Right now john message and logs are in english. I think will be cool
> to support other languages. The default language could be in the
> config file. Also translate the documentation help.
>
> --
>
> alain

I would just translate the documentation because in MY oppinion it`s
realy hard to understand how to make own rulesets and so on.

But I would not translate the program itself.
I would vote for a translation of the documentation only. Like it was
done for nmap.

Propably Solar could get, if interested, in touch with interested
translators. A SVN (well openCVS is not "rdy" yet) comes into my mind
where a interested translator could have write access to his
"translation" and where he/she could tag the files for a specify
relaese.

So if some translation isnĀ“t updated for example a new relase (in case
it`s needed) it wont get into the main branch and so also not into the
*.tgz).

That`s just m yoppinion right now...

Solar should have as less work as possible to focus on BETTER JtR Code.

Kind regards,
Rembrandt