Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:52:40 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Johnny <johnny@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  how to find a password of 16 digits

Hello,

I tried to use the incremental ("-i") option of JTR in WinXP.
My command line looked this way:
C:\John>john-mmx -i:digits -stdout | [target program for further processing]

I modified the john.ini this way:
[Incremental:Digits]
File = $JOHN/digits.chr
MinLen = 16
MaxLen = 16
CharCount = 10

The result was that it JTR is not able to genertate digits beyond 8 characters
in this mode. - Up to 8 characters worked fine. But I am sure, that the
password must have 16 digits, no doubt.

-> Is it possible to change any setting(s) to bypass the 8 characters
restriction in incremental mode? - Where and how?
-> If not, how can I generate my owen wordlist consisting of only digits and
of 16 characters? - A command line as an example would be nice.
-> Could I modify the "-rules" option to make JTR generating 16 digits out of
a wordlist of only one! line of 16 digits? Im not sure how to use this option.

Thank you for any help.