Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:40:20 +0100
From: websiteaccess <websiteaccess@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com,
 SmarTeam Support <smarteam.support@...il.com>
Subject: More about Incremental mode VS specific rules mode

 This time, I have used the original charset.

Some weeks ago I have already done tests with my own optimized charset
for french words, all 26 characters was classified by frequencies.
 But in fact, there is not really difference between original and
customized, because -i:alpha try all possible combinaison.
 Of course it can be a little more fast, but not enough.

 If we use optimized charset with less letters (only 16), it will be
more faster, but we miss lot of passwords, because characters are
missing.

Why try something, we know (we know that from statistic), it have
really low chance to be used in passwords, but we can't exclude it at
100%
because sometimes it's a part of the password.

 For example, these words have been fastly found

moufette
gaspesie
alexouille
debailleux
hamasaki
moumoune
ferrarie
faurecia
kawasaki

 As you can see, "kawasaki", "hamasaki" are not french words.
 They use "k", "w" letters, not often used in french.

 I think optimized charset for french language will be useless for this
kind of words, by chance my rules can find that.

 I'm sorry, my english is not very good as I would like. Hope you
understand me. French speakers can contact me directly by mail for
questions.

 W.