Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:55:38 -0400
From: Brian Cuttler <brian@...sworth.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John, word list question

Alexander,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 10:03:36PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:10:28AM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:
> > I have downloaded the new all.lst and it does seem to preserve the
> > (erronious) entries that are prefixed with numerics
> >
> > 1 AAD
> > 1 AADEL
> > 1 AADLAND

public apology, I was certain I was comparing the new all file
against my current passwdlist file when unziping the file again
it is quite clear that I am not.

Probably when the local passwd file was created (I still have the
source Z and gz files about) they did something odd and it is clear
that I've been just as bad with my methodology.

I want to thank you for your patients and for continuting to point
out what should have been obvious to me. I was not trying to be
accusatory, just clear on what I was seeing, if only I was doing what
I thought I was doing...

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler@...sworth.org