Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:05:09 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Radim <yesbody@...nam.cz>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  "Extra" in incremental mode not fully working

Hi,
long time no see :-)

I've recently tested something like this:

File = $JOHN/alpha.chr
MinLen = 0
MaxLen = 5
Extra = ěščřžýáíéúůďťóňĚŠČŘŽÝÁÍÉÚŮĎŤÓŇ

and then only some of the national characters were processed properly
working characters: í, ý, Ž
not-working characters: č, ř,... (they are never displayed in progress line)

Here are examples with raw-md5 hashes:
testcz:65775a4b0631c2b88117153163b921a0 "čeří" NOT-GUESSED
testcz2:1826e74f4ab2a9c728b2f53445e0af6c "cerí" OK

All the aforementioned national characters are processed/guessed properly in
dictionary mode (codepage win1250 were used). 8bit external mode works also, but
it's too much cumbersome if you want to include only some extra characters.

It brings me to another question: Is there an easy way to hack the params.h to
enable national characters in charset files?

Thanx
-Radim