Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 03:33:37 +0200
From: "Otheus (aka Timothy J. Shelling)" <otheus@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallalizing John the Ripper

My problem with john.pot getting corrupted was fixed by adding -DOS_FLOCK to
the CFLAGS for linux.

However, it looks like on restore, there is still the problem with
overlapping keysets.  Uhm, when the single-tasking john does a restore from
a record file, does it restart from the last crypt attempt, or the last word
that was generated? This would of course make a big difference in my scheme.