Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:02:22 +0000
From: "jay rubin" <cjride@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: windows passwords now don't work

I finally figured out how to use john so I wanted to perform a test and see
if I couldn't create a more secure password.  When I went to change my
password I kept getting an error message that the "password entered was
incorrect".  So what better to do than rerun john and make sure what my
passwords were.  John came up with the same passwords that it had cracked
before and which were what I thought they were.  Can anybody tell me what's
going on?  I created another admin account before rebooting my system just
to make sure I could still do some work.  On the reboot my old passwords
still did not work.

-Jay