Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 00:09:00 +0100
From: Michal Luczaj <regenrecht@...pl>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: IPB2, DIGEST-MD5, salted domino

Hello there,

I bring two simple patches.

The first one is just a bartavelle's raw-MD5 patch extended with support
for Invision Power Board password hashes. Those two together make JtR
The Ultimate Internet Forum Hash Cracker ;) (phpBB and IPB1 use MD5,
while IPB2 uses it's own simple salted MD5 algorithm).

And the second one is a tool created because of very specific needs.
Basically it helps to "restore" password from DIGEST-MD5 authentication
data (RFC2831).

I hope those files will help someone somewhere.

Also I have a note about dominosec patch: just adding -march=pentium4 to
Makefile gave me 23% speed-up. Maybe it's time to think about some kind
of ./configure?

On "single crack"/"incremental" discussion... It's hard for me to
imagine that "incremental mode" could be renamed. You know, JtR's
incremental means JtR's incremental, nothing more and nothing less.
Sentimental issues :)

But how about "context cracking" (or anything to do with
context/environment/realm of password) instead of "single crack"?

Cheers,
Michal

P.S. One more message to all of you, but Solar especially: thanks for
1.7, keep on moving.

Download attachment "john-1.7-rawmd5-ipb2-4.diff.gz" of type "application/gzip" (5929 bytes)

Download attachment "john-1.7-digestmd5-1.diff.gz" of type "application/gzip" (5454 bytes)