Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:48:56 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Phantom <phantom_otw@...oo.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  Re: 64bit support on windows?

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions so
thouroughly, really appreciate that :)
All this code mumbo-jumbo can be really hard to comprehend for a non-coder
like myself, hehe...you did it well!

In my world, 20% increasy on bitslice DES is significant, but then again,
I am not the one having to do all the coding ;)
I will try to do some comparisons on the compiler generated x86-64 code and
the hand optimized x86/MMX on my system (Opteron170), but beeing a total
Linux noob, it might take some time, hehe.. (any other voluenteers?)

That hybrid x86-64+MMX and/or x86-64+SSE code sounds really interesting
though...especially if it will work in windows also.. :) (SSE,SSE2+SSE3?)

Keep up the great work!

Thankfully yours