Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:10:04 -0500
From: "Squire, Gilma" <gsquire@...tarea.ncsc.mil>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: question-newbi

Hi,

     I am a new using the application, so bear with me if my question is
stupid.   I got the following line using the application and I don't
know what it means:

>john passwd.txt

Loaded 2 passwords with no different salts (NT LM DES [24/32 4KI])

_

Every time I press enter something like the following shows up:

Guesses: 0 time: 0:00:06:04 (3) c/s:413816 trying: BCBMAME - TEXHL22

And some on...

So what does all this means and what are salts?, by the way, I am
running version 1.6