Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:13:16 +0100
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MSSQL/SAP hashes?

Jeroen wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello,

> On for example <http://www.banquise.net/misc/patch-john.html> I see that the
> MSSQL plugin is "buggy". Can someone tell me what the problem might be? Is
> there still some development going on for this plugin?

The vector code is buggy and thus disabled. As i no longer use it, it
will stay buggy until i need it again or someone fixes it. But the non
vector code _should_ work (at least it works on my computer), but should
be slow.

> Also, there seems to be a SAP plugin for john. Though I can't find it on the
> web. Do you guys 'n girls know something about this plugin or the algorithm
> used?

If there is one, it's not public. AFAIK the algorithm has not been
disclosed. (But i thought the oracle algorithm had not been too, so i
might be wrong).

Simon

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (2525 bytes)