Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:10:53 +0100
From: "Daryl G Bamforth" <D.G.Bamforth@...ds.ac.uk>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Problems applying mscash patch

Hello again,

> * alter params.h, make clean and make again file so that it
> looks for the file at the location of your choice

Altered to reflect my installation location and now that bit works fine,
cheers

> > This time I get the error
> > fopen: ./all.chr: No such file or directory
>
> This is the same problem as previously covered:

A quick grep of john.conf comes up with this "File = $JOHN/all.chr" and
also alpha, digits and lanman.  Any reason these are not included in the
john-1.6.37 version?  Pulled them from 1.6, are there any compatibility
problems between them that your aware of?

Cheers

Daryl