Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:18:12 +0800
From: Adrian Ho <lexfiend@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Backporting HOME patch to core

Hi! Hope everyone's staying safe and healthy.

I'm currently fixing the Homebrew formula for john, and came across this
old email which features a patch for what I would consider a bug, given
user expectations regarding tilde expansion in shells:
https://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2016/01/04/1

I noticed that it's officially released in jumbo, but not in core. Was this
omitted deliberately, or was it an oversight to be included in a future
release?

Thanks much!

--
Regards,