Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 10:34:28 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: True Crypt, CipherShed, VeraCrypt

It appears there are some fundamental differences in the forks of
TrueCrypt. Specifically VeraCrypt appears to be doing key derivation
in a "more secure" fashion than TC or CipherShed. Will the
truecrypt2john and the code that cracks those volumes need to be
changed?
https://forum.truecrypt.ch/t/veracrypt-or-ciphershed/449/10
Will that spawn a new format/tool, veracrypt2john --format=veracode ?
I'll try to add some samples if I have some time today.
-rich