Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:44:05 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Agnieszka's GSoC formats

On 24/09/15 21:38, magnum wrote:
> On 24/09/15 20:59, magnum wrote:
>> On 24/09/15 19:59, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
>>> btw. I repaired rest of the formats which I broked down. dynamic(md5)
>>> fails but also fails on my laptop witchout any of my changes.
>>
>> Great, I'll try it out and see if I can nail that md5 problem.
>
> Argon2i segfaults on both super and well (fglrx CPU device):
>
> Device 3: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
> Testing: argon2d-opencl [Blake2 OpenCL]...
> memory per hash : 1.50 MB
> PASS
> Testing: argon2i-opencl [Blake2 OpenCL]...
> memory per hash : 1.50 MB
> Segmentation fault
>
> BTW I'd like you to wrap all those extra outputs like the "memory per
> hash" in "if (options.verbosity > 3)" please.

Another problem. Lyra2 doesn't build on OSX due to still using
pthread_barrier_t as previously discussed in
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2015/07/17/6

Before we can merge this you need to fix that some way, either replacing
it with something portable or using alternatives and let the autoconf
script assess the needs.

magnum