Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:38:25 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Agnieszka's GSoC formats

On 24/09/15 20:59, magnum wrote:
> On 24/09/15 19:59, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
>> btw. I repaired rest of the formats which I broked down. dynamic(md5)
>> fails but also fails on my laptop witchout any of my changes.
>
> Great, I'll try it out and see if I can nail that md5 problem.

Argon2i segfaults on both super and well (fglrx CPU device):

Device 3: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
Testing: argon2d-opencl [Blake2 OpenCL]...
memory per hash : 1.50 MB
PASS
Testing: argon2i-opencl [Blake2 OpenCL]...
memory per hash : 1.50 MB
Segmentation fault

BTW I'd like you to wrap all those extra outputs like the "memory per
hash" in "if (options.verbosity > 3)" please.

Also, I'm confused by the "dynamic=md5($p)" failure. It doesn't fail in
bleeding but it fails in your branch. ASan does not detect any problem
but *something* has got to be clashing in there. I'm not saying it's
your fault, maybe you just trigger a latent bug. I'll continue digging
into that.

magnum