Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 10:42:22 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Johnny v2.1 and beyond

Hi list,

Johnny version 2.1 was released last week:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2015/08/04/1

I encourage everyone to grab this update and play with it. It includes three important additions:

1. The ability to filter and search inside the Passwords table. All columns are tested against or specific ones can be specified.
2. The ability to select which rows/hashes are included in an attack. Very handy for operating on mixed lists. Used in combination with the previous feature results in flexible handling and selection of rows.
3. The JtR default attacked format is now known by Johnny and used accordingly in the UI.

Important UI and usability improvements have been included in this release along with other smaller bug fixes and adjustments. This release is just as important as the previous 2.0 one, thus I strongly urge you to take it for a spin and leave feedback for us here or on Github.

Since GSoC is drawing to an end pretty soon, the only other release that will take place as part of this program will be version 2.2. This version encompasses some important features like 2john file menu, jumbo attack modes and export, along with some smaller tasks.

Mathieu, if you're OK with this, I propose we work on this until the firm pencils down date which is 21 of this month. Then towards the final evaluation deadline, 28, we should be hurrying up to wrap up, prepare the final release and announce it. I think there's enough time left for us to accomplish this final release.

Regards,
Shinnok