Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:21:34 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Johnny v2.1 released!

Hello john-users,

After releasing v2.0 a month ago, we worked hard to make a new update for
john-users. Here are some of the new features of Johnny the JtR GUI.
* Ability to select/deselect individual hashes from being handled in a
cracking
  session
* Search and Filter the Passwords table. All columns are searched against,
  unless otherwise specified
* Identify which hash format JtR will attack by default for a new session
and
  select and display it in the UI
* Add field to specify rules for wordlist mode; jumbo only
* Visually indicate NULL/EMPTY passwords and cracked hashes in the
Passwords table
* Added about Johnny widget; conforming to the OS X design guidelines
* App settings are now auto saved
* Greatly improved how attack session options are being stored
* Various bug fixes

If you used v2.0 johnny, we recommend clearing the session history in
Johnny after the upgrade.

We urge you to try the new features and let us know what you think of them.
We will pay close attention to your feedback and follow up with a new
release v2.2.

On our wiki, we provide an easy installer and a .dmg which has been tested
on Windows 7 and up and OS X Mavericks and up. They may or may not work on
older versions. For older version of the previous operating systems as well
as flavors of Linux/BSD, source build is the best option. You have
instructions in the Wiki and the INSTALL distfile
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny

Johnny requires JtR to work. If you want to get access to all new features
and bugfixes, we recommend compiling the latest 1.8.0.6-jumbo-1 release
available at
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/releases/tag/1.8.0.6-jumbo-1.
If you are a Windows user, you should compile John with Cygwin. On older
version of john core and jumbo, you won't get proper John termination on
Windows and the "show hash formats" feature.