Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 23:28:58 +0300
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: control and .spec files to package Johnny for Linux

Mathieu,

It looks like I never published final files for Johnny's packaging.

So they are attached to this email:
- copyright
- johnny.spec
- control

Example tree for .deb package:

packaging$ find ./johnny_1.1.3_i386/
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/DEBIAN
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/DEBIAN/control
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr/bin
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr/bin/johnny
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr/share
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr/share/doc
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr/share/doc/johnny
./johnny_1.1.3_i386/usr/share/doc/johnny/copyright

control file contains architecture and size. They are changed across
packages. There is no "sources" .deb unfortunately. .deb were built
from binaries only.

Example command to build .rpm:

rpmbuild -bb packaging/johnny-1.1.2-1.x86_64/johnny-1.1.2-1.spec

johnny.spec file is a hack: it does not build from sources, it just
packages binaries prepared separately. I did it that way because we
wanted to package i686 and x86_64 archs only, I tested binaries
separately from packaging and there was a problem that programs built
with qt 4.8 could not run on qt 4.6 but vice versa worked well (so I
built binaries with qt 4.6 despite the versions provided by rpm-based
distros).

Maybe it is needed to change license from MIT to BSD in johnny.spec.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov

View attachment "copyright" of type "text/plain" (3895 bytes)

View attachment "johnny.spec" of type "text/plain" (1345 bytes)

View attachment "control" of type "text/plain" (565 bytes)