Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 09:31:07 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: problem with signal handling in core john (was: [core
 john] [Johnny] Windows event loop)

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com> wrote:

> So theoretically johnny can solve it on its own: enable ctrl-c
> handling before each calling of john and disable after it, can't it?
>
> I didn't try this approach. If you or Mathieu decide to do it, make sure
> you test all possible variants, like I did.

As discussed on IRC, I tried Aleksey's idea with all combinaisons I could
think of : before m_johnProcess.start(), inside the constructor of the
object, inside setupChildProcess and other places. And disable it at a
right moment after. I never got main process of john-core 1.8.0 to be
terminated after hours of tries. So, I guess we really need what Shinnok
added in John or maybe I really suck at win32 api because I can't think of
any combinations I didn't try yet ! Ah ah ah !

Content of type "text/html" skipped