Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 19:40:35 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] TODO and comments in code

> On May 6, 2015, at 11:55 PM, Aleksey Cherepanov <lyosha@...nwall.com> wrote:
>
> Shinnok,
>
> I've used default branch from your repo:
> $ git clone https://github.com/shinnok/johnny
>
> I think I'll bring everything to the list to be discussed.

Please don't do that. Unless you have the time to handle it properly(like I mentioned in the prev. e-mails), I suggest we let Mathieu exercise on it. I have enough to collect from the list and organize already. If you dump everything from there into here that's going to make things worse for me.

> (filename:count of TODOs)
>
> main.cpp:2
>    // We set application info up.
>    // It is needed to be able to store settings easily.
>    // TODO: Could we use openwall.com/john as domain?
>    // TODO: Is that the right place for this?
>    QCoreApplication::setOrganizationName("Openwall");
>    QCoreApplication::setOrganizationDomain("openwall.com");
>    QCoreApplication::setApplicationName("Johnny");
>
> I think it may be dropped with code because we don't use system's
> storage to save settings unless you'd like to user organization name
> for something else. We use johnny.conf file. There was a discussion
> about the way to store settings:
> http://openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2012/08/05/11 <http://openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2012/08/05/11>

The Domain is useful on OS X.
Content of type "text/html" skipped