Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 13:01:46 -0500
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Johnny] TODO and comments in code

I'm a little confused because you two seems to ask me two opposite things.

--- On a different topic, some unrelated updates --

Yesterday night I updated my VM to kubuntu 15.04 to test johnny on latest
version. The update manager crashed in the middle of the update and I lost
my development VM. I reinstalled kubuntu 15.04 from scratch to find out a
bug with qt that prevents FileChooser to work. Since filechooser is handled
by qt, this is probably not related to us. It'll probably fixed by kde.
Since it makes Johnny pretty unusable to tests, I resetup my development
environment on a fedora VM I had. And I took a snapshot of the VM ! Damn, I
learn to never install big OS upgrade to your vm without taking a snapshot
first !!

All those problems with my VM gave me some time to check Johnny on Windows.
I checked out both Aleksey's 2012 version and current version. If windows
support is one of our requirement, some work will be needed because Johnny
probably never worked that well on Windows. The GUI is great but
functionnalities like starting/pausing attack doesn't seems to work well.
JtR works great for the same file.

My WiIndows tests were done with those hashes:
root:$1$CQoPk7Zh$370xDLmeGD9m4aF/ciIlC.:14425:0:99999:7:::
tintin:$1$wKAP1RyH$JeCAcEGhSGVlD0J7.AMg.0:14396:2:5:7:30::

Content of type "text/html" skipped