Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 11:02:03 +0800
From: Kai Zhao <loverszhao@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Coding Style

I think we could use the 8-character indentations but not limit
the column size to less than 80.

1.  Use 8-character indentation

2. Normally, the column should not exceed column 80 unless
special cases.

The linux kernel claims that "The limit on the length of lines is
80 columns and this is a strongly preferred limit." But the longest
column in kernel is 534 in file ‘arch/cris/arch-v32/drivers/cryptocop.c’.
There are many lines which exceed column 80. So I think we can
also exceed column 80 in special cases.

Thanks,

Kai

Content of type "text/html" skipped