Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 11:58:18 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] John the Ripper support for PHC finalists

Hi Agnieszka,

you replied to Solar Designer, but quoted one of my messages. Please
stop doing this.

On 04/05/2015 08:42 PM, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> Hi

> <mailto:frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>>:
>>Unless you implement tunable cost reporting for pomelo and use --cost=,
>>--test will check whether all the tests pass, and then use just the
>>first two tests to compute the performance.
>
> I've made it in my own way because there was too much problems with this
> way.

What problems did you have? Did you mention them in any of your previous
mails in a way that others could understand these problems?

> I've added to JohnTheRipper --t_cost= and --m_cost= adding to code
> very few lines.

What can you possibly get from --t_cost= and --m_cost= thast can't be
done with the existing --cost= (which is more complex, but addresses all
kinds of formats with tunable costs)?

> I can give a list of arguments why I did it in this way if you want

Please do. May be even better would have been discussing it before you
went ahead implementing this.

Frank