Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 03:56:25 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] John the Ripper support for PHC finalists

On 2015-03-30 01:56, Agnieszka Bielec wrote:
> Is it possible to change 'count' variable which is passed to crypt_all,
> after the execution of opencl_ini_auto_setup() ?

Yes, well, cracker.c will use format->params.max_keys_per_crypt so if
you change that, it will affect "count". But I'm not sure what you are
aiming at.

> I have also a few another questions. I've found in pomelo code
> mentioned below.
>
> //check the size of password, salt and output. Password is at most
> //256 bytes; the salt is at most 32 bytes.
>     if (inlen > 256 || saltlen > 64 || outlen > 256 || inlen < 0 ||
>         saltlen < 0 || outlen < 0)
>

> I'm not sure how I should set SALT_SIZE ?  I ought to set it with
> 32 or 64 ?

SALT_SIZE must be the largest size that is supported.

> magnumripper commented on src/pomelo_fmt_plug.c in c36a2ed
>> Is there any specific reason (eg. performance) to limit max length?
>> I would like to suggest you bump it to 125 which is the max of core john
>
> did you mean "#define PLAINTEXT_LENGTH        100"   ?

Sure. Instead of just reading the GitHub notification mails, you'd
better follow the URLs they give you and read things in context. My
comments are tied to particular sections of code.

magnum