Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:56:03 +0200
From: Agnieszka Bielec <bielecagnieszka8@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] John the Ripper support for PHC finalists

Hi,
I have added OpenCL and  I have fixed almost all things commented
by magnumripper https://github.com/Lucife-r/JohnTheRipper
I would like to know if, program with my adjustment is working
on another machines.

Curently the max m_cost in pomelo is 4 and I would like to get rid
of this limit
Is it possible to change 'count' variable which is passed to crypt_all,
after the execution of opencl_ini_auto_setup() ?

I have also a few another questions. I've found in pomelo code
mentioned below.

//check the size of password, salt and output. Password is at most
//256 bytes; the salt is at most 32 bytes.
    if (inlen > 256 || saltlen > 64 || outlen > 256 || inlen < 0 ||
        saltlen < 0 || outlen < 0)

I'm not sure how I should set SALT_SIZE ?  I ought to set it with
32 or 64 ?

magnumripper commented on src/pomelo_fmt_plug.c in c36a2ed
>Is there any specific reason (eg. performance) to limit max length?
>I would like to suggest you bump it to 125 which is the max of core john

did you mean "#define PLAINTEXT_LENGTH        100"   ?

Thanks

Content of type "text/html" skipped