Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:35:48 +0800
From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC] building JtR for MIC

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
>
> However, let's also figure out the issue with OpenSSL.  If it's a real
> bug, it needs to be reported to OpenSSL developers.  Can you play with
> it some more, especially now that you can e.g. compare pieces of
> compiled code vs. LibreSSL's (disassemble relevant object files)?

OK, I'll try to find out the cause of OpenSSL's abnormality on MIC.

BTW, I found that MIC has another codename 'k1om', which is actually supported by config.sub. I updated the configuration options for GMP and LibreSSL to use k1om as the target, so that there's no need to modify the original config.sub (see the pull request <https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/pull/1148>). I'm thinking about also transferring from 'mic' to 'k1om' in john-jumbo, to make it more consistent with the autoconf system.

What's your opinion?

Regards,
Lei

Content of type "text/html" skipped