Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:50:00 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: autoconf and --list=build-info

pushed to git, commit d028d72

I simply put the ${host_os} string into the john_build_rule.h file.  NOTE, the build_rule is now somewhat of a deprecated term, since there are 'build-rules' currently.  Autoconfig sets all the important items, and the only 'rule' we build is default:   All building is done with that single rule.   But we have kept the john_build_rule.h model, ./configure builds it, from data it has probed for and found to be usable on the host system.