Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 03:27:05 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Hello Alexander,

2013/9/3 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

> Did it successfully find and submit any share by now?
> How long did you run it for?
> Are you confident the problem is solved?

Well it's was running without any crashes for almost 4 hours and if I force
to find a share by ignoring the scrypt hash and making it 0, all looks fine
(of course the share is rejected). However I cannot find any share, can be
it because the work is discarded before Epiphany can find a valid share?
I'm getting a lot of LONGPOLLs.

In addition as you asked this is the work that I perform today:

I implemented a couple salsa20_8 asm versions:
The first one with bucles "Bor[i] = Bout[i] = (B[i] ^ Bx[i]);" and "Bout[i]
+= Bor[i];" rolled and using the instruction imadd, it save about 250B but
the performance drops almost 0.5khash/s
The second keep unrolled the bucles and uses the instruction imadd, it save
only 50B but the performance also drops almost 0.5khash/s.

At this point looks like imadd instrucction it so slow to be used but roll
the bucle could be nice.

Regards,
Rafa.

Content of type "text/html" skipped