Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 16:30:45 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Rafael,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 04:07:03AM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas wrote:
> 2013/8/29 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
>
> > Can you briefly describe how you debug(ged) it?
>
> I added a couple of applog

This is fine, but since the segfault happened on the host side, you
could simply have built the program with debugging info ("-ggdb" in
CFLAGS, no "-s" in LDFLAGS) and run it under gdb.  Then when it
segfaults, you'd be back in gdb, and you could see what source line the
crash happens on.

> to determine the place where the bug was and I
> discovered that I was trying to read an unallocated area (it suppose to
> contain the nonce associated with the core where the share has been
> generated). BTW the miner is working for 3 and a half hours without any
> segfault but it didn't find any share yet.

Did it successfully find and submit any share by now?
How long did you run it for?
Are you confident the problem is solved?

Alexander