Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:36:25 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Katja's weekly report #12

Hello,

Accomplishments:
1. DMA transfer of S box, moving it to and from bram takes 55 micro seconds
2. bcrypt most costly loop integrated with communication structure but it
produces incorrect result. Except this, when I changed bram size from 4 KB
to 8 KB first bram location stopped "working" - it always has zeroes
instead of transferred data, if I start from offset than DMA status
register returns successful transfer and error interrupt although data is
transferred correctly)

Priorities:
1. Debug bcrypt and figure out problem with bram
2. Two software accessible registers are in slave mode and it seems that
only master (host) can write to them so I have to figure out how to signal
done to host
3. My IP generated with coregen tool has AXI4 (Burst) master interface and
possibility to do read and writes. Figure out how to use this and check
performance. This should also solve priority #2
4. Fix reliability issue for bcrypt on Epiphany - this needs to be done but
I don't know how to proceed with this task

Best regards,

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped