Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:13:43 +1000
From: Michael Samuel <mik@...net.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: key-length for mask mode.

Hi,

On 13 Aug 2013 16:19, "Sayantan Datta" <std2048@...il.com> wrote:

> You seem to be using global memory for X[15] , do you store them into
local registers or use them directly ? If you are using global memory
directly then I'm not sure we should do that for GPUs because they have
very high random access latency for Global memory fetch.

Using global memory as a uint array with that access pattern. It's
sequential access to the GPU, not random.

The hard coded upper 32 bits of the length is a memory optimisation for my
suggestion, since we won't be generating passwords > 2^29 chars long.

Content of type "text/html" skipped