Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:36:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@...il.com>
Cc: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Sylvain, Katja -

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:02:06PM +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Can you use the serial console and still interact with the on-board linux ?

I've just tested this - and no, the system stops responding via serial
console as well.  Also, there are no messages printed to the serial
console before it stops responding.  For a few seconds after the new
bitstream is loaded, I can interact with Linux both via Ethernet and via
serial console - but then both stop responding at the same time (or so
it appears).  So it does look like the system crashes.

I did the above experiment after having stopped X and other unneeded
services this time.  So stopping them did not help.

At this point, it looks like we need either a more complete bitstream
(including support for all of the same peripherals that Parallella has
by default) or we have to be introducing our bitstream into BOOT.BIN.

Alexander