Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 02:26:52 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Busted OpenCL formats

2013/8/8 Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>:
> Hi magnum, Alexander, Lukas,
> Here's the commit:
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commit/0965d1a42355b4fa4c48b12adcb858a86bb8dce5
>
> Please take a look. Magnum already mention a few changes which I'll
> introduce in my next commit. Hopefully nothing is broken too seriously due
> to this commit.

rpp.h
- * Copyright (c) 1996-98,2009,2010 by Solar Designer
+ * Copyright (c) 1996-98,2009,2010,2013 by Solar Designer

Did solar propose those changes?

Copyright notes for mask.h/c looks weird to me:
+/*
+ * This file is part of John the Ripper password cracker,
+ * Copyright (c) 2013 by Solar Designer
+ *
+ * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
+ * modification, are permitted.
+ *
+ * There's ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, express or implied.
+ */
+
+/*
+ * This software is Copyright (c) 2013 Sayantan Datta <std2048 at
gmail dot com>
+ * and it is hereby released to the general public under the following terms:
+ * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted.
+ * There's ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, express or implied.
+ */

mask.c:
+int checkRange(struct mask_context *ctx, int rangePos) {
AFAIK core does not use camelCase notation and I guess we should try
to stick with that.
What's worse you're mixing use of it in this file:

+static void set_mask(struct rpp_context *rpp_ctx, struct db_main *db,
unsigned char flg_wrd) {
+void combinationUtil(void *arr, int data[], int start, int end, int
index, int r, int target, int *isOptimal) {

We were not rigorous enough and now this "problem" is present in some
other files, not only yours.

formats.c:
+  if(db) db -> max_int_keys = 0;
I guess this is the prefered indentation:
> 	if (db)
> 		db->max_int_keys = 0;

mask.h:
I think this file should contain all nonstatic functions declarations
from mask.c.

opencl_shared_mask.h:
+  /* Range of charcters for a placeholder in the mask */
+  /* Charchters in the range */
+  /* Number of charchters in the range */
+  /* Postion of the charcters in mask */
+  /* Set of mask pacholders selected for processing inside the format */

I am not confident to check grammar correctness of your comments, but
so much typos hurts my eyes.

options.c:
What this change does?
-  {"wordlist", FLG_WORDLIST_SET, FLG_CRACKING_CHK,
+  {"wordlist", FLG_WORDLIST_SET, FLG_WORDLIST_CHK,

Please try format your changes by: (only code you are adding, not all
files where other people contributed)
indent -kr -i8 -nlp -nbbo -ncs -l79 -lc79
This way it will be consistent at least.

Also you are overusing brackets.
+  if((db -> format))
+    while ((mask_word = msk_next(&rpp_ctx, &msk_ctx, &flag))) {
+  if((*flag)) return NULL;

That's all without looking into logic - tomorrow I'll print out your
code and try to look deeper into it.

Lukas