Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:58:26 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rafael's weekly report #8

Rafael,

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 02:49:39PM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas wrote:
> Yes it's woking, on the 16 cores, I tested mi ephipany code using the
> scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp function and checking if the results was equal. The
> speed is ~120h/s TMTO 100, I can make TMTO a little bit smaller but not to
> much. BTW my driver should work on epiphany 64 with a little modification.
> The code is submitted to my git repo

Sounds good, except for your statement that you can't get the TMTO
factor to be much smaller.

> I just move the code to the master cgminer branch. I did that because maybe
> we can propose to cKolivas add my epiphany driver to cgminer.

Great.

> TMTO factor is 100  but hopefully it could be reduced up to ~20

Please try, and then you'll need to proceed with changes that would
enable you to reduce it further, to 5 or 6.

> My apologies I think that now everything must be more clear.

It is.

> BTW I'm experimenting problems to connect to Parallella ZED and Parallella
> embecosm boards.

What problems and when?  Today I did some reboots after testing Katja's
bitstream, but other than that the board should have been available.

Going forward, can you please e-mail me whenever you experience such
problems?  Even if I'm not around to fix the problem immediately (or
can't fix it for another reason - such as the problem being elsewhere),
it'd be useful info for me.

Thanks,

Alexander