Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 04:03:40 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rafael's weekly report #6

Rafael, Lukas, Yaniv -

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:32:37AM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas wrote:
> Thank you for the answers, I will work on this task.
>
> First daily report.

Thanks.

Please post these separately, not as "replies" to the thread that
started with your weekly report.  Please use message Subject of
"Parallella: Litecoin mining", so that it'd be easy for Yaniv to spot
these messages and comment where relevant.

> Accomplishments:
> 1. Clean any OpenCL/CPU code from CGMiner.
> 2. Understand how CGMiner drivers works.

Does this mean that you have a cut-down cgminer tree now, which you'll
use as a base for your development on Parallella?  Did you have to
produce such a tree?  Couldn't you simply build the existing cgminer
(the last CPU-enabled version) on Parallella (on ARM for now)?  Did you
make those changes to speedup test builds, expecting that you'd need to
do many of those?

>  Priorities:
> 1. Get a detailed decryption of Scrypt.c. (I have sent a mail to cKolivas).
> 2. Move Scrypt.c to Epiphany.
> 3. Get one instance of Scrypt runing on one Ephipany core.
> 3. Expand to the rest of cores.

OK, but what are you referring to by Scrypt.c?  There's no file by that
name in cgminer tree; the closest match is scrypt.c (with lowercase "s").

What questions did you have for Con Kolivas?

Alexander