Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:56:20 +0200
From: marcus.desto <marcus.desto@...pl>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PBKDF2 hash_out treatment

Hi,

I start feeling like spaghetti.

Since hours I am reading the source code to track the way of the output (hash_out_api aka dcc2_hash_host) in file "common_opencl_pbkdf2.c" (and others).

I would like to understand, how the output of the pbkdf2 computation (done by pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_unsplit_kernel.cl or pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_kernel.cl) is handled later, because I would like

1) do some computations by using pbkdf2_hmac_sha1_unsplit_kernel.cl AND
2) to print the computed output and compare it with other computed results to verify that the opencl computation is well done.

Can someone, please, tell me about the handling of the output.Thanks.

Regards,
Marcus