Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 09:23:26 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL PBKDFv2 Kernel With Python

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM, marcus.desto <marcus.desto@...pl> wrote:

> void PBKDF2 ( const __global unsigned int *pass_global,
>               const __global unsigned int *salt,
>               int usrlen,
>               uint num_keys,
>           __global unsigned int *out_global)

Which version of jtr are you using ? It seems you are using a very old
version. Also I'm not familiar with pyOpencl.
OpenCL initialization is quite complicated. You need to first allocate
buffer spaces before you start transferring data from cpu to gpu. There are
many other parameters which you might be setting wrong apart from the
kernel arguments. Besides the opencl kernel has been tailored for use in
mscash2 and so it might not be a generic one.

Here's the cpu version on which my opencl implementation is based. You
might find it helpful.
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/MSCash2 <http://openwall.info/wiki/john/MSCash2>

Regards,
Sayantan