Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:23:46 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new dev box wishes

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>wrote:

> 2013/6/28 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> > 1. Water cooling.  I'd appreciate any advice on water cooling for Xeon
> > Phi 5110P.  (If we do that, perhaps we should do it for 7990 as well.)
>
> The hardest part of that would be find block for it. Maybe it would be
> possible to adapt some gpu/cpu block but unless you don't have Phi
> handy it is impossible to find something that will fit.
> Only block I found was this one:
>
> http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/375-asetekr-liquid-cools-intelr-xeon-phi-coprocessors.html
>
> You said that you want to use CM Storm Trooper, for our purposes seems
> to be a bit too small. Integrated (block+pump) water cooler may not
> fit there.

There is a new line of Intel Phi coming out soon as well, not sure about
them being a better fit or not but... FYI :)
http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2013/06/17/intel-powers-the-worlds-fastest-supercomputer-reveals-new-and-future-high-performance-computing-technologies

Content of type "text/html" skipped