Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 01:42:42 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: scrypt

On 25 Jun, 2013, at 14:00 , Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com> wrote:
> I'm working on my own git repo(https://github.com/LordRafa/jonh1.8.0), should I move to another one?

That tree seems to be based on a 1.8.0 core tarball.

Working in your own repo is probably the best. However, in my opinion you should do a fork of the "master" branch of https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper (which is a Git copy of Solar's core CVS and currently almost the same as a core 1.8.0 tarball) or even the "bleeding-jumbo" branch - and then do your stuff from that base. This will help a lot if/when merging some or all of your changes to the Jumbo tree. For example, using your current tree "git blame" will claim that 100% of all files are written by you and all history is lost.

I am not 100% sure of your plans and goals so you should probably wait for Solar to comment on this before you take any action.

magnum