Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 03:56:44 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: PBKDF2-SHA512

I started porting my pbkdf2-sha512 cuda code to opencl.
It looks like this code running on cpu without touching SSE is 14%
faster than current cpu version .

john -test -format=PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512
Benchmarking: PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512, GRUB2 / OS X 10.8 [PBKDF2-SHA512
128/128 SSE4.1 2x]... DONE
Raw:	92.6 c/s real, 92.6 c/s virtual

john -test -format=grub
Benchmarking: grub, grub [PBKDF2-SHA512]... DONE
Raw:	106 c/s real, 106 c/s virtual

Both tested on the same test vector and cpu.

Is there any volounteer to work on this code further?

Lukas