Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:28:30 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bash completion for format classes/wildcards (was: 333)

On 30 May, 2013, at 10:51 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 May, 2013, at 10:41 , Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually it also works in unstable.
>>
>> As long as there is just one feature (supports format classes and
>> generic format names) mapped to that variable, it might look a bit silly:
>>
>> Supported features: 00000001
>>
>> But that will certainly change over time.
>
> How about re-listing --format with --list=hidden-options, like this:
>
> $ ../run/john --list=hidden-options
> --format=CLASS            cpu, gpu, cuda, opencl, dynamic
> --subformat=FORMAT        pick a benchmark format for --format=crypt
>
> The printed list would reflect what's actually usable for this build.

I added this. Here is the output for a GPU build:

--format=CLASS            valid classes: dynamic, cpu, gpu, cuda, opencl

If this line exists, the actual list should be used for bash completion and wildcards will be supported too. I opted to omit printing cpu for a cpu-only build, although it is valid (but a no-op).

magnum