Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 04:38:35 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

2013/5/24 Ronak <rixor786@...il.com>:
> While trying to align .isa in the inner elf of .elf, I had this thought, how
> kernel is going to run, if we decide to update .il and .isa simultaneously,
> such that each update will be different. With this, we have inconsistent
> kernel. Now two questions need to be asked..
> ** which update will actually run
> **  Updating both files, will it add to the flexibility of optimizing opencl
> kernels.

I don't quite understand what do you mean by that.
I would apreciate if you could explain that in more details.

Currently I can say that when you modify elf only the binary (isa) is
important and this will be executed. If elf contains il or other stuff
it may be used as an additional information for the gpu driver or
driver just don't care, this is driver dependent. I might be wrong,
this is just my current opinion.

Lukas