Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 08:22:31 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL formats lacking auto-tuning

On 3 May, 2013, at 5:39 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> I am bringing this to the list.  Many of our OpenCL formats, in
> particular those by Lukas and/or Dhiru - including at least
> agilekeychain-opencl, keychain-opencl, zip-opencl - lack LWS/GWS
> auto-tuning, and indeed the defaults result in poor performance at
> least on 7970.

I think they all do LWS tuning, using Lukas' shared function. Claudio did some good work with shared functions for GWS tuning. This does not necessarily imply he will fix old formats. I think commit 6bbd4a3 shows how it was utilized for md5crypt. Unfortunately Claudio is away for a while.

> Can we get this fixed, please?  Who's responsible for getting it done?

Not me. I believe all of them are very similar, so if it's done right to one it should be easy to replicate to the others.

magnum