Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 02:04:11 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPU support under Windows

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I didn't uncomment the OMPFLAGS line. I tried uncommenting it with
> -fopenmp and then with -fopenmp -msse2, but non of them worked.
>
> Oh and by the way this isn't just the OpenCL version that won't compile.
> The win32-cygwin-x86-sse2 version doesn't compile either.
> I have a feeling that I'm missing a library from my Cygwin that I had on
> my previous installation. I saved a list of libraries that my previous
> installation had. I will try to go through these now.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

I compiled the win32-cygwin-x86-sse2 with -fopenmp flag set. It had one
error at the end but all the executables were produced.

Makefile:2243: recipe for target `SIPdump.o' failed

I also ran a test:

Sayantan@...antan-PC ~/JtR2/run
$ ./john -te -fo=bf
Benchmarking: OpenBSD Blowfish (x32) [32/32 X2]... (4xOMP) DONE
Raw:    2845 c/s real, 930 c/s virtual

This is far worse than linux. On alinux system I can get around 3400 c/s.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped