Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:04:25 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Node support

On 29 Apr, 2013, at 14:15 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 Apr, 2013, at 13:52 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well this will keep me busy for some time :-P
>>
>> There was a nasty bug in my code, now fixed (commit message "Corrected
>> the initial skipping of other nodes' lines when restoring a session").
>
> The code is merged, including that fix. Some quick tests look right but there might be bugs now. And MPI may work fine - or not...

Just FYI, Jim got this (from bleeding):

wordlist.c: In function ‘do_wordlist_crack’:
wordlist.c:301:8: warning: ‘prerule’ may be used uninitialized in this function
wordlist.c:301:18: warning: ‘rule’ may be used uninitialized in this function
wordlist.c:302:10: warning: ‘apply’ may be used uninitialized in this function
wordlist.c:303:6: warning: ‘distwords’ may be used uninitialized in this function
wordlist.c:303:17: warning: ‘distswitch’ may be used uninitialized in this function

So I committed this:
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commit/d48439f7ee6be2fd1e1f7d885401d4bd269758c9

They seem bogus to me but it doesn't hurt (some similar initializations existed prior to all the changes). Maybe some of them apply to core too (btw distrules is at file scope in Jumbo so it's initialized anyway).

magnum