Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:37:27 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: testing all valid()s

Alexander sent me the input string offlist:
$ echo '$xxx$xx$$U' > test.pw
$ unstable-jumbo/run/john --format=dynamic_21 test.pw Segmentation fault

Here is the fix for dynamic_21. This was actually a crash for any format
using the fieldX logic ($$F0 to $$F9), if the field was not present in the
input.  The FixupIfNeeded() function was returning a NULL, and not the
original ciphertext pointer.

Both patches should be the same, except having vastly different line offsets
(since I put OMP into bleeding, but not into unstable).  So I have included
2 patches.

Jim.

From: Alexander Cherepanov Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:56
On 2013-04-22 07:34, Solar Designer wrote:
>> What formats are you still able to crash?
>dynamic_21

Download attachment "JtR-bleeding-Dyna21-crash.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (435 bytes)

Download attachment "JtR-unstable-Dyna21-crash.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (426 bytes)